Old March 13th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default $75,000 2-33

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 12:17:02 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
You could buy a farm with sufficient space to grade and seed your own
runway.Â* The farm house would make a terrific club house and the barn
would be turned into a shop.Â* That would be a lot cheaper that $5-9
million and wouldn't have to be too far away from population centers.

That's another good reason to move to New Mexico :-)

Finding a piece of land in the Northeast within say 80 miles of New York that meets reasonable size criteria (say 300 x 2000) and level and not bordered by Mcmansions is a Quixotic quest. We actually came close to buying a property many years ago (30+), but even at that time it was close to $750K IIRC (that's about $1.7M in today's dollars).

Mike's club (Nutmeg Soaring) moved out to a rural location a while back, but it's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that membership levels have been hard/impossible to grow due to the distance from where people live....

P3