Old August 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
RobertR237

I find it appalling that we Americans are not given a real choice in
most of these presidential elections. From peanut farmers to actors
and people who "Didn't inhale" is the gambit we are given. I'm so
frustrated with these idiots, I almost feel that the act of voting
itself indicates tacit approval of the system and that I will be
counted with all of those who really think they have a choice. I'm
beginning to think that avoiding the election all together is the only
protest I have so I am not counted as one who really thinks he has a
choice.

To quote a sixties antiwar slogan "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came".

A more appropriate slogan nowadays might be "Suppose they gave an election
and nobody came".

The really sad part of it all is that we have the representation that we
deserve. Its bad enough that the majority of people do not even bother to vote
for the available candidates but the real problem is that we sit idle and let
an even smaller minority of the people control the choices of who we can vote
for.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)