Old May 14th 04, 02:40 AM
Stu & Kathy Fields

One thing I noticed in the Brantly was that the rotor positioned so close to
the bubble could and did cause a very annoying flicker with the sun at the
right angle. A hat with a bill would be a must.
I agree with on poster the Brantly I flew was relatively smooth. I don't
think that they made the prettiest helo tho..More like a horizontal ice
cream cone. I remember a story Ken Brock told me about running out of power
with a passenger at a density altitude of about 3,500 but he was on a
pinnacle and didn't have all the ground effect he would have liked.. For my
money, if I was located at a place where the density altitude rarely got
above 4,000, I would consider the Brantly because it was so easy to fly.

Stu Fields Safari Driver.
"Murphy's law" wrote in message
om...
(Davdirect) wrote in message

I agree with you about watching the tip path, being careful,

approaching from
the right place,etc. however to untrained passengers I could see where

this
could be a problem, thats all.
Dave
davdirect

The PIC is always responsible for the safety of passengers & the safe
operation of the rotorcraft.
Placard in Brantly : ROTOR MUST BE STOPPED WHILE LOADING AND UNLOADING
PASSENGERS
Even so tip path plane is over 6 feet high, that's all folks