Old April 2nd 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Wing Covers Pro/Cons

On Apr 2, 5:09 am, "TF" wrote:
Just purchased my first plane and have it tied down. It has a canopy cover
but no wing covers. Walking around the airport I only notice one other
plane with wing covers. I would have thought wing covers would be good
protection. During the wnter the rentals would have them to prevent frost
but I didn't take notice of the others. Now that I have to worry about this
what's the story on the pro/cons of wing covers ?

Base in NJ.

Thanks.

Are your wings metal or fabric? Wing covers are almost a requirement
for fabric planes that live outside because the sun eats the fabric.

-Robert