Old October 11th 04, 10:25 PM
Dale

In article ,
Rich wrote:

I sure would welcome counsel from people on this list who may have
encountered this problem.

Was turning base to final one day when suddenly there was a horrible
screeching. A quick check of my wife and her friend confirmed that
neither of them were screaming at the moment. A peek at the tach and I
notice the needle going crazy!! Moving back and forth so fast it's a
blur..until TINK and the needle falls off and the screeching stopped.

I replaced it with a digital tach.

FYI if you buy a tach you can have the hours set to whatever you
want...makes the record keeping easy.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html