Old March 9th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

"Jay Masino" wrote in message . ..
: Darrel Toepfer wrote:
: I put ours in a friends C150 when I fly it, I like it alot better than
: the G296 thats already in it. I like it alot better than the 1000 we had
: before (although the batteries lasted alot longer in the 1k). Ours
: doesn't have the terrain update yet and it'll be the primary navigation
: box (will also have a panel mounted Loran) in my '53 Pacer when I
: complete its restoration...
:
: I've been wrestling lately on whether to get a 1000 or 2000c. I'm not
: really all that concerned about terrain awareness, since I fly where
: it's almost exclusively flat. In addition, I think the color is cute,
: but not really neccesary. In fact, the 320x320 pixel display of the
: 1000 seems a little sharper to my eyes. What else do you like about
: the 2000c vs. your old 1000?
:
: --- Jay
:
:
:

The terrain feature also has a profile view that will show obstructions also, so the terrain feature is helpful for
flatlanders also...