Old July 30th 03, 08:53 AM
Roger Halstead

On 28 Jul 2003 11:35:44 -0700, (Rocky) wrote:

Aside from glider pilots.... how many of you have ever experienced an
engine out dead stick landing? Care to talk about it? I've done quite
a few of them. Some were intentional, some were during training, and
some happened at the most inopportune time with mechanical failures of
one sort or other. This included helicopters and airplanes.

Engine quit on take off...bout a 100 MPH and some where between 30 and
50 feet.

I just let the nose down, put in full flaps and discovered that I was
stopped on a lot less distance than I had expected.

The diaphragm in the fuel distribution block (on top of the fuel
injected engine) ruptured. That diaphragm uses fuel pressure to
open a valve. No pressure and the valve closes to keep fuel from
siphoning off into the cylinders.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)