Old April 1st 05, 04:32 AM
Peter R.

In the northeast there are 2 sets of "preferred routes".

thera are TEC routes, and there are preferred routes.

Which one you get will often depend on your altitude.

I agree with you that the route you get depends on the altitude (to some
degree), however there must be three "preferred routes" in the Northeast
US: The preferred, the TECs, and the ones you actually receive.

I can tell you based on numerous flights into Boston's Logan that neither
the TEC nor the preferred is what one receives when one files with a TAS of
185 and an altitude of 11,000.

--
Peter