Old December 8th 05, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Gyro House

Over the weekend the DG in our Aztec turned TU. (or heading bug down)

I googled aircraft gyro repair and overhaul and an Avweb article came up
that mentioned The Gyro House. So I pulled their website up. It showed
that they had overhauled autopilot DG's so I emailed them for a quote on a
direct replacement for ours.

$625 plus $1200 core charge. The $625 was comparable to other overhaulers,
I have no idea if the $1200 core charge is reasonable but after reading this
thread I'm glad I sent ours out to a local shop for repair.

If they can't tell 6 months from 8 months or tell a Sigma Tek from an RC
Allen, I wonder if they know which man goes on which bills. With my luck,
I'd get $12 George Washingtons back instead of $12 Ben Franklins.

Jim