Old May 27th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default $6.61 at MDW eeeek!

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

This fuel may be kill GA. It costing 300 plus now to put gas in the
Bonanza. My buddy parked his Barron. He says it just not fun knowing
how much it costing to fly.

Strangely, this weekend our ramp was FULL of light twins. Haven't
seen any of those things flying since gas hit $4.50/gallon,

hard to see anything with your head up your ass, I suppose.

but I
guess the holiday weekend brought 'em out of mothballs. Most of the
twins at our airport haven't moved since last fall.

We paid over $300 to top the tanks in Atlas (our Cherokee Pathfinder)
in March (in St. Louis) -- and it really made us stop and think.
That's mostly what made us start looking for a smaller "fun" plane --
which we just bought yesterday (with two other partners). It's a '48
Ercoupe, and it'll sip mogas at about 4.8 gph, with my arm hanging out
the open top...

:-)

Where there's a will, there's a way.

What'd you pay your mexican slaves?