Old April 7th 05, 11:41 PM
Matt Whiting

John Harper wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

John wrote:

In the US I've never read back an altimeter, I've rarely heard anyone

else do it, and I've never heard anyone questioned for it.

No offense, John, (seriously) but do you currently fly so many hours in
so many parts of the US that you can make that broad of a statement?

I can certainly make that statement with absolute authority. Read it
again, carefully. I speak only about my own experience. I don't claim
to speak for what goes on in the rest of the US, or for the 99.99% of
the time I don't spend flying. For all I know there's some weird
conspiracy that everyone reads back altimeter settings religiously
unless I happen to be on the frequency. But it still doesn't affect
the validity of what I wrote.

It does question the effectiveness of your hearing aids though. :-)

Matt