Old April 10th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Trouble ahead over small plane fees

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
I've heard that on a busy summer weekend, Nantucket Airport
(ACK) has more operations than Logan (BOS). If we go to an
operation based fee, I hope Nantucket gets the same level of
funding as Boston does.

This might very well be true. However, you need to find out how many
operations are "local" (pattern practice), and how many are "transient"
(actually go someplace). Many GA airports have high numbers of operations,
but once you subtract the student pilot pattern practice flights there is
very little activity left.