Old August 9th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

On 08 Aug 2007 23:47:32 GMT, "Bert-Jan" wrote:

Having said that I can not resist. And this is not to you, shiver,
because you obviously can't (technically) read yEnc.
Talking about the use of yEnc. If I would like to communicate here, I
communicate in English, because I bet only few of you out there can
communicate with me in Dutch. So I ADAPT to what is offered to me
because I want to know what is offered to me. When I first met the first
yEnced posts I wondered what they were, found out and found out ho to
read them.
You don't hear me crying about a repost in Dutc

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

How do say "wonderful" in Dutch?

That depends a bit on the context.
you could say things are wonderfully beautiful or good, then you say
"prachtig" pronounced: [prAhg-tig]. "A" like in calm and "i" like in pig
and the g's should sound a bit like you're clearing your throat.
"schitterend" could be a good second.
Pronounced "[sgIt-uh-ruhnd]" again "g" and "i" as above and the u's as in
"duh".

To give this post some aviation topic here are some planes in dutch.

Jet fighter= straaljager [straal-yaager] aa as in "aaaaahrgh"

Plane = vliegtuig [vleeg-tu.eeg] u as in "duh", immediately followed with
an "ee" sound as in bee. Like "oi" but then more "uh.i"

Glider = Zweefvliegtuig. [swayve- rest as above] rather hard "w"

Bomber = Bommenwerper [bOhm-uhn-wer-puhr]

Landing Gear = Landingsgestel [lAhn-dings-guh-stEll]

Passanger plane = Passagiervliegtuig [pAh-sah-sheer- same again]

Want some more, just holler.

Good Luck!
--
Cheers,