Old August 18th 03, 04:02 AM
Henry Bibb

Mark,

It sounds like you're a sophisticated cyclist. You might want to check out
the information at this site: http://www.sandsmachine.com/

They've got a widget that can be installed in the frame of your choice to
manufacture a folding bike, plus a list of about 90 frame makers who
will put together whatever kind of frame you'd like. (I suppose I should
say, the bike becomes "collapsible", in that it separates into 2 parts,
which then can be packed more compactly.)

Disclaimer: I've only read about it: I'm not a serious cyclist, myself.

Henry Bibb

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message
That's exactly why I would rather just be able to buy the frame and use my
own components. I would love to take a Montague frame and trick it out

with
a plush fork and TruVative crank set with Eggbeater pedals and an

ultralight
Mavic/XT wheelset... But by the time I put the parts I want on the

Montague
frame, I am looking at almost doubling the cost :-(

You would be amazed how many times I see bikes from a "specialty shop"

with
too loose of a chain, or poorly adjusted cables... You would think for

over
$500 you would get a properly set up bike!!!