Old January 30th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James Robinson

Default NM regulates alcohol service in its airspace

"Montblack" wrote:

("Robert M. Gary" wrote)
"ALBUQUERQUE - The bar is closed on US Airways' New Mexico flights.
The state ordered the airline to stop serving alcohol on flights to
or from New Mexico after learning that it didn't have a state liquor
license. ... They should not be selling alcohol while in New Mexico
airspace."

I wonder what the definition of "New Mexico" Airspace is. I didn't
realize NM had its own airspace.

Dear New Mexico,

All flights, to and from New Mexico, will be grounded beginning March
1st, 2007.

Sincerely,

The FAA

...problem solved!

Not necessarily. I recall that Kansas wanted a cut of the taxes on
alcohol sales based on the time that airlcraft were in the airspace above
the state, whether they landed in the state or not.

All in the interest of looking at new and imaginative ways of taxing
people who don't vote in that state.