Old December 10th 19, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default AC-4 Russia newsgroup question

On Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 4:18:29 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 12/10/2019 1:06 PM:
Yahoo is shutting down its newsgroups, of which there has been an active one for Russia owners. Has any of files and photos been moved somewhere else? Over time, I have placed a lot of photos and files that improve on the glider, and would be a pity if this information were lost.

Search RAS. There was plenty of discussion in November. Do it immediately, as I
believe Yahoo is shutting things down mid-December.

The big problem is finding the 'owner'. If you have her/him, it's not that bad. I did one manually (SZD-55 users) and one club one with easy transfer that cost some but we saved 20 years of history... We went to groups.io . Highly recommended. You have until 14 December 2019 to submit the request or you lose everything.

Dan
2D