Old April 28th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best US Soaring Weather

I DID pull up stakes for the soaring two years ago, and am in Minden.
Good wave (although a little late this year), good XC in the summer,
and world records just waiting to be set. There's a commercial
operation offering tows, oxygen and other support every day of the year
(weather permitting), and the scenery is stunning. Minden's reputation
stretches around the world (we have four Japanese and one British pilot
flying with us this week), and for good reason. We are not without
criticism, as future posters will doubtless point out, but we're
working on the things we can change and I think I made the right
decision. Fred