Old July 16th 03, 03:54 PM
Maule Driver

BTW, I remember being in a Caravan in Jamaica and they were flying a 'high
density' seating config that included more than 11 seats. Someone told me
that they can't fly this config in the US. Rather they have to fly a 10
seat config.

Maybe this is a part 91 issue??

Need to look at the FARs

"Ace Pilot" wrote in message
om...
After looking at FAR 23.3, it seems that aircraft with normal or
utility category airworthiness certificates are limited to 11 seats.
Specifically the reg says, "...a seating configuration, excluding
pilot seats, of nine or less..." I assume there will always be 2 pilot
seats, hence the 11 seat limit.
Is this correct? Anyone know of a normal or utility category aircraft
with more than 11 seats?

Thanks,
Ace