Old July 26th 03, 05:07 PM
Jeff Franks

A friend of mine bought this one from the X10 folks (the ones with all the
popup ad's everywhere). It costed him about $100 with a few add-ons. It
plugs directly into and ethernet jack and has its own ip. I don't think it
has a builtin webserver, but it might. But with IIS on a Win2k machine (or
better), this would be fairly easy to setup...

Check them out. they have several options and pretty good quality
camera's.....if you can get past their marketing strategy.

www.x10.com

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:01:54 -0500, Jeff Franks wrote:

I have access
to a cheap little webbased camera that can be mounted anywhere (vise type
mount) and plugged into an ethernet jack. So, if you have cable and/or

DSL,
this would be a 10 minute setup....and great fun for all us
wannabetheres.....

I am in search for such _cheap_ good webcams (like Axis) with ethernet.

But
the are average going $300 to $400 ... can you point me to a good seller?

#m
--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing
"Suspected Terrorist" button http://www.politechbot.com/p-04973.html