Old April 3rd 04, 03:31 PM
Rod Madsen

Our flying club with 100 members, 10 airplanes, and a flight school uses
MyFBO. It works very well. You can schedule any time from any place with
internet access. We used to use a different internet scheduling program and
switched to MyFBO. As usual, some people will moan, but it's really very
easy to learn. Our club requires us to fly at least once a month, so we
tend not to forget how the schedule program works.

Rod
"Greg Esres" wrote in message
Our flight school is currently trying to move to an online, internet
based scheduling system, using a service provided by "MyFBO".

The idea is to schedule via the internet (even when standing at the
counter at the flight school) for all flights that occur after the
current day. Every morning, the staff will print out a schedule for
the day and any changes for that day must be done to the paper
schedule.

The consensus of the flight instructors and staff is that the
interface is extremely difficult to use, and slow. There will be only
one computer available for all users to make changes to the schedule
and the internet connection is a bit flakey. While frequent users
will probably be able to learn the system, it seems unlikely that
students/renters will develop any kind of proficiency with the system.
As far as I can tell, there are no contingency plans about what to do
when the system goes down.

Does anyone have an experience with online scheduling with large
flight schools? How well did it work?

Thanks for any thoughts.