Old June 9th 05, 06:36 AM
Eric Greenwell

Eric

It's more of a marketing blurb than an actual account of what happened
at an event.

some people would consider it a bit misleading to say that on May 14 a
sparrowhawk flew the longest distance of the crystal squadron. While
failing to also say that the sparrowhawk was the only glider of the
crystal squadron to fly xc from crystal that day!

I think how many flew is irrelevant to the original question: Is it a
serious cross-country flier? I think Mike's flight indicates it is.

Hang gliders have flown diamond distance, so they should be considered
serious cross
country fliers also.

It didn't seem like the time to get into a philosophical discussion of
what a "serious cross country flier" is (it certainly meets my
standards, but that's another thread), but what I posted indicates it's
not just a local flier, and gave Hombres a way to assess the glider
himself, to his definition of "serious cross country flier".

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA