Old June 9th 05, 03:33 PM
Jim

On 9 Jun 2005 06:45:35 -0700, "Willie G" wrote:

M B wrote:

Something of an engineering marvel, in my opinion.
Haven't flown one yet, but the idea of a 145# or so
glider with that kind of no-flap performance is
simply mindblowing to me.

What kind of performance? I am still waiting on an
independent flight test of this ship.

The idea of an 11 meter ship with 36:1 glide ratio
seems unrealistic. I also wondered how a 150 pound
sailplane would have any penetration into the wind.

Isn't it the wing loading, rather than the gross weight of the
aircraft, that is a factor?

$22k vs. $35k is enough to make some tilters (like
me) consider other options.

I briefly considered this ship until I saw the price vs
performance. With instruments and trailer, this comes
out to $40k, for that I can buy that's two used libelles
that can really go 38:1.