Old December 8th 19, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May

Default Looking for pictures of motorglider failures

At 18:47 08 December 2019, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Some where there is a photo of a propellor blade sticking out of a
duo discus wing.It was part of the AD sent out after a hub failure left
the blades coming off.

wrote on 12/8/2019 10:01 AM:
Motor in a sailplane = a complicated abomination, ......

An efficient light power plane utilizing sailplane aerodynamics =

beautiful engineering.,,,,

Look at an FES sailplane - simple. Much simpler than a towplane,

and much
easier
to schedule when you need a launch. I was part owner of a

towplane for
years, and
it caused me more grief each year than the self-launcher I now

own. And
then there
are the avoided retrieves - simple and priceless!

Are we really having this conversation after all these years, with

80% of
the
gliders going out the factory door with an engine?

email
me)

https://sites.google.com/site/motorg...ions/download-

the-guide-1