Old December 8th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May

Default Looking for pictures of motorglider failures

At 20:06 08 December 2019, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 1:47:26 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell

wrote:
Are we really having this conversation after all these years,
with 80% of the gliders going out the factory door with an

engine?

That is PRECISELY why we're having this conversation.
Looking forward to your contributions,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Old, but still relevant (I need to see if Jean Marie has an

updated
version):
http://www.streckenflug.at/download/motorprobleme.pdf

Prop blade punctured fuselage, dented fuel tank and restricted
aileron movement. It nearly took out the brakes as well. The prop
had flown 38 hours

Missing blade

The flight manual says to check for cracks in the hub every day. This
is what a very badly cracked hub looks like.

There are photos I will try to put a link in.