Old January 31st 18, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default best location for boom mike

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 4:51:57 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Any thoughts on what the best location is for a boom mike in an ASW27? Currently the mount
point is right behind my right shoulder, and when I bend it up, the gooseneck is pinched between
my arm and the cockpit edge. not comfortable.

Also, do folks like one speaker or two?

I installed a mike in the panel of my '27 and love it. I just speak as in a two seater and I come in loud and clear. Works great standing next to the glider with canopy open as well. The URL I have for segelflug.de no longer works, but I have the seller's email address if you contact me directly.

As for speakers, i have 3. Radio and secondary vario in the right speaker compartment. Primary vario speaker is in the left speaker compartment.

5Z