Old December 9th 04, 12:30 AM
zatatime

On 8 Dec 2004 09:50:03 -0800, wrote:

PJ Hunt on Dec 7, 3:04 pm wrote:

"Gig Giacona" wr.giacona@ wrote

In NJ you can't land anywhere except and approved landing facility,.

. .
NJ Statues

6:1-2. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
landing or taking off while engaged in carrying passengers for hire

or
reward or instructing students for hire or reward

This statute applies to commercial operations.

So you CAN go alone or take your friends, as long as you don't charge
them
or receive a reward, and land in all the fields you want without prior
permission from the 'commission. Of course you would want to approve it
with the land owner first.

**** Reply ***

That is what I thought at first too. However the section dealing with
emergency landings appears to prohibit, without regard to com-
mercial operation, non-emergency landings at non-licecensed fields.
But maybe I need to read it again 2-3 more times.

You are correct. Neat how they sneak that in there isn't it?