Old September 7th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike[_22_]

Default Pilot headset comparison - Lightspeed Zulu vs. Bose X

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
Having the bluetooth headset connection is a definite plus. For those
that frequently fly IFR out of airfields with no clearance delivery
frequency or tower, a cell phone adapter of some sort is quite handy.

Poor you guys. G

Our clearance delivery RCO was broken in July. I had to CALL FSS to get
clearance. _35_ minutes later I was on my way! A few days later, I
was able to depart VFR and get my IFR clearance once airborne. Much
better!

Usually that works, but the only problem is if you depart under a busy
approach control, they may tell you to go fly a kite if you ask for a
pop-up.

I really feel for those of you who have to use the phone on a regular
basis.

Fortunately DFW TRACON has a direct line for clearances. There's no need to
call FS21 unless you need a briefing. I've never had to wait more than 30
seconds.