Old November 27th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gear Warning

For club 2 seaters it should be easy to satisfy both those that desire
a gear warning and those that think gear warning is dangerous and wish
to rely on checklists. Just fit a gear warning off switch and perform
a simple short final check - airspeed good, gear warning OFF.

The ideal position for the switch would be on the airbrake handle of
course otherwise the gear warning would have to be turned off before
the airbrakes are opened.

In my single seaters I''ll stick with my short final check - airspeed
good, gear down.

Andy