Old January 29th 05, 06:19 AM
Jim Rosinski

Matt Barrow wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the heater you point to strikes me

as another typical aviation ripoff: Take the normal price you'd
expect something to cost (in this case I'd say around $30), then
multiply by 10 to get the actual price because it's for an

airplane.

What do you think it costs to build 100 units vs. 20000 units that

K-mart
sells?

This "economy of scale" argument doesn't always explain the perceived
excess in price. Some things in aviation really are ripoffs. Sort of
like the saying: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not
really out to get you".

Jim Rosinski