Old April 19th 05, 06:13 PM
Andrew Gideon

Stephen McNaught wrote:

For me, if the turbulence was "bad enough", I wouldn't be messing with the
PDA, as I use it for situational awareness only. Having said that, there a
few things that assist in rough air. First you can assign functions to the
physical buttons on the PDA. Second, Control Vision has a feature called
"Rough Air Buttons", that are icons that you can show on the screen for
several functions. Third, Control Vision supplies a keyboard with larger
character keys.
A couple screenshots :
http://www.shn.org/AWSIPA.jpg
http://www.shn.org/AWSIP1.jpg

The scenario I envision is being bounced around while looking for "better
weather", which might mean seeking a nearby airport at which I can land.
I'm not sufficiently familiar with the product to know how I'd do such a
thing, but (1) can I do it and (2) can I do it in turbulance?

Thanks...

- Andrew