Old October 11th 05, 08:51 PM

Kathy wrote:
What do you advise for a color-blind pilot wannabe? How likely is it for
someone who's color-blind to get a SODA?

Very likely... I have one.
I had to take a "Demonstrated Test of Ability"... by taxiing out to
the end of the runway with an FAA Inspector, who had the tower shine
random nights at me... The aviation colors are so pure that I can
tell them apart. If you can tell them apart, you can identify them.
You don't have to be able to "see" the colors as the same color
they are shining... only be able to identify it as "color so and so".

:-)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/