Old October 11th 05, 09:52 PM
Kathy

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. ..

Just as a point of interest: I'm pushing 3000 hours now and I've never
even seen a light signal. Have any of you?

Heh heh... maybe I'm color blind after all G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

I have. My instructor asked the tower to give me light signals during one of
my night training sessions. Although I'm the original poster, I'm not a bit
color-blind (a good friend is). But I couldn't tell the color of that light.
It looked kind of yellowish to me. "What color is that light, and what do
you do?" my instructor asked. "I'm guessing it's green and I'm cleared to
land," I told him, "but if I didn't know, I couldn't tell. Does it look
green to you?" He looked at it a minute and hmphed and said, "Springs Tower,
Warrior 369 - what color is that light, anyway?"

I heard some years later that the light guns are so old and faded and dusty
that this is not an uncommon problem for pilots who see color perfectly
well. But since then, I'm up to 600 hours and no more light signals since -
thank heaven.

Kathy