Old July 27th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KevinBlack

Default what headset to buy

I started with the DC H20-10, enjoyed them muchly, but DCs prices for ANR
were over the top at the time I wanted to upgrade (and DC had no upgrade
path). I bought the LS 25XL and upgraded to the 30-3G and like them a lot,
but not cheap.

For a US made, DCH13.4 look alike, ANR - try the DRE-6000 available from
Avionics West for $279. I have no personal experience with these (they
might have been a contender if I knew they existed when I bought the first
LS). I've read a number of good reports, but that's nothing like wearing a
pair. I do not know what the Avionics West return policy is, they may let
you try etc etc

Cheers,
Kevin

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
What do you recommend?

Get ANR, if you can at all afford it.

What are the main features I should be looking for?

ANR and comfort. The latter can only be tried on your head. Make use of
money-back policies or a well-equipped pilot shop in your area.

Which manufacturers have the best reputations?

Bose is top and top dollar. Lightspeed offers excellent value. David
Clark tends to be overpriced when comparing the features you get. IMHO.

Any specific model
recommendations?

Lightspeed's 20XLc is a good "middle groudn" headset.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)