Old December 3rd 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

Default DG-200 Water Valve

John,

Thanks. Actually, I think the previous owner may have already used the
"vaseline trick", maybe too many times. I appear to have a
semi-fossilized covering of what appears to be a vaseline/dirt mixture. I
think this is actually what may be gumming up the works. However,
cleaning it from the outside hasn't proven easy.

Well, if nobody else chimes in, I guess I dig in and hope for the best!
I'll certainly post again with results.

--Stefan

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:24:19 -0600, JohnDeRosa wrote:

Suggestion: purchase the "Elfin Hands" service contract from DG. Only
E1,000 a year. (sorry couldn't help it) (actually this is gallows
humor as I am a DG owner).

I have no experience with DG's internal mechanism other than at a
contest a few year's back a pilot had a leaky/drippy valve and used
vaseline to get the rubber seal to seat itself better. Wouldn't hurt
to give that a try before opening the plastic "pandoras box".

Good luck and let us know how things worked out. Post a picture or
two or three.

- John

--
Stefan Murry