Old March 26th 13, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
atmoehrke%[email protected]

Default Buying a 1-35 pros and cons?

This has already been worked over too much but I need to cast my ballot. It was not hard to learn to use flaps thanks in part to guidance from Evan five years ago. I now have 350 hours in type and strongly endorse the view that you can reduce or “modulate” flap settings in the landing pattern. But obviously not at roundout. Putting aside that issue, the ship lands on a dime which is peace of mind for beginning XC pilots. It’s also a real floater in light air which helps you avoid the landout challenge.