Old January 3rd 19, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Post Curing Composites

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 2:45:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am looking for some advise regarding "Post Curing of Epoxy Composites".

The sailplane composite repairs have been completed regarding my salvaged ASW-27. The tail boom has a new 3'long intermediate section that has been scarfed and glassed into position. The fuselage pod had some radial cracks and the seat pan had some fractures that were all scarfed and glassed. All of the composite repairs were done at room temperature using OEM materials and MGS epoxy.

What temperature is recommended and for what duration should I be using for post curing the repaired areas. Is there a temperature ramp up and ramp down time that I need to work with. I plan to build a foam insulation box around the repair areas and use a fan with a number of light bulbs to regulate the temperature.

Any advise is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for all of the assistance and advice. This is such a great group with experienced an knowledgeable contributors.

Much appreciated,
Chris