Old May 1st 04, 04:39 AM
Kevin Brooks

"John Cook" wrote in message

Gee, John, I bet this got you so excited you could hardly type, eh?

Why
don't you wait until the actual selection is made before you start

trying
once again to attack all things USian?

Its from Reuters Kevin, and its regarding Military aviation....

The only bits I added were "Hi All, Here's something from
Reuters...", unless that means something 'derogatory to the US' in
Kevin world?.

Do you have _anything_ useful to add to the thread regarding the
JSF?.

When are you going to make your premier pro-JSF post? About the same time

as
you present your first "here is something *good* about the F/A-22" post,

or
maybe in concurrence with your first-ever "Eurofighter encounters glitch"
post (something else we have not seen much about from you)? Or maybe hwen
you belatedly announce to us that the electric grid in Iraq is now

serving
more customers than it did before OIF? But hey, you are not anti-American
now, are you...?

Saying that more Iraqi's are being serviced by the electrical grid
isn't the best example you could give at the moment - Many have seen
the pictures of that Iraqi prisoner hooked up to it ;-).

Not really a laughing matter--and of course, the individuals responsible
were brought up on charges before the press even went public with that
story. A number of personnel facing courts martial, and a fair number of
more senior leaders receiving non-judicial punishment for lesser related
offenses, because a troopie did what he was supposed to do (report
improper/illegal behavior). So the end game looks like a few individuals
screwed up, are facing the consequences, and the US Army met its obligation
to investigate and take punitive action where appropriate--not a bad thing,
IMO.

Now, are you so anti-US that you won't recognize that we did indeed
reconstruct the grid to extend beyond its pre-OIF limits (actually, that was
the case about four or five months ago, IIRC)? Or are you going to tell us
again the John Cook-translation-of-Iraqi-desires?

My _Most recent_ Pro JSF Post

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=BV...x.co m&rnum=1

Gee, with all the "buts" and conditionals, you call that a *pro* post?

F-22 is good post

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au... le.com&rnum=9

I am impressed. So you actually do recognize that the F/A-22 is the top
performer worldwide?

Eurofighter encounters a glitch

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...x.co m&rnum=1

Uhmmm...all you did there was note that one crashed (kind of hard to dance
away from that one), and supposedly why that happened. OTOH, after a few
much more knowledgable folks took you to task over that whole "Typhoons whip
F-15's in spur-of-the-moment-DACM" bit, you continued to stick by that
account.

The website I comaintain has plenty on the Eurofighters problems and
its successes....

Now answer my question - Do you have _anything_ useful to add to this
thread regarding the JSF?

An ambitious aircraft development program of great promise, with a rather
radical (i.e., widespread participation)development plan, experiencing the
kind of developmental hiccups one should expect at this early stage of the
program. And the sky has not fallen, despite reports to the contrary.

Cheers
John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk