Old December 6th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
BT

Default Recording Hobbs

I do the same with my Palm Z22, it has a note pad feature that turns the
tough screen into a note pad. Just scribble away.
Temporary document until I can transfer it to my personal log book. I do the
same with logging time with my students.

Any PDA with a spreadsheet function will do what you want.

BT

"Jose" wrote in message
t...
Does anyone use a PDA to record in a small spreadsheet the departure
airport, your destination airport, and the Hobbs & Tach readings when
you land? If so, what would be the brand and the main features of the
PDA? Thanks

I don't, although I will sometimes record (temporarily) in my Palm
(Tungsten E) the hobbs and tach numbers until I can transfer them to my
paper logbook. My palm came with Documents To Go, which lets me work with
Excel spreadsheets. It also has a sketchpad function which I use to
scrawl the numbers until I get to my logbook.

For what you are asking, just about any PDA should do fine.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).