Old July 28th 03, 03:47 PM
Peter R.

Sydney Hoeltzli ) wrote:

Aeroplanner does a terrific, Grade A job on restricted
areas, but if it has a ready mechanism to let one "see and avoid"
Class Bs and terrain while planning a long route, I haven't
found it yet.

Sydney, Aeroplanner has released a beta version of their significantly
improved flight planning tool to subscribers. While poking around the
beta I discovered that under the beta planner's "Options" tab there are
check boxes that will capture your routing preferences.

In there, you will find the ability to specify what type of airspace the
auto-router will avoid, such as MOAs and class B (and many other types), as
well as over water routes (of a distance greater than a minimum you
specify).

--
Peter