Old November 5th 07, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

Frank from Deeetroit added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

My mother rivited radio operators seat mounts and camera
mounts in B-24's at the Willow Run Bomber Plant. She gave a
speech at the Yankee Air Museum, across the field from the
Willow Run Bomber Plant when the US Postal Service issued a
commerative stamp to honor all of the "Rosie the Riviters" in
1999. She also appeard in a Modern Marvels episode about
aircraft production in WWII.

Willow Run is about 30 miles SW of me. I live in a NNW suburb of
Detroit, MI, about 19 miles from the Detroit River.

My uncle was a B-17 flight engineer in New Mexico under the
command of the late singer John Denver's father.

Now this is an interesting piece of information!

Another uncle landed at Normandy and fought to, and through
the Battle of the Bulge.

One aunt worked at Packard Motor's plant in Detroit making
Rolls Royce Merlin engine cylinder heads. Two other aunts
worked at Ford Rouge making other items for the war effort,
possibly making machine gun mounts.

My father was still living in Ireland during WWII.

--
HP, aka Jerry