Old October 28th 03, 02:08 AM
Kenneth Williams

Default What REALLY Crashed @ Boscome Down?

A friend recently assured me that the mystery stealth aircraft that
crashed at Boscome Down was a TR-3B ASTRA (Advanced Stealth Technology
Recon Aircraft) which was positively identified as aircraft AV-6,
serial number 94-2414, call sign "Blackbuc 11".

He also said that Lockheed isn't the most advanced stealth designer
anymore as the TR-3B is made by Northrop's ATDC as well as being the
leading designer of the future B-3 bomber.

Is any of this true, and if so, how did he get the info?

He also said the ASTRA each cost $5 trillion!!! I can only guess that
we possess around 3 of them, so what would one be doing in the UK?

The way the crash was described to me made it sound like a stealth
fighter was involved, not a huge triangular recon aircraft. The
aircraft described was more likened to the losing YF-23, I thought.

Anyone else heard the same?

Kenneth Williams