Old April 26th 05, 08:02 PM
bdl

Default Flying into Talladega for a race (KASN)

Cup cars are LOUD. Bring your noise cancelling headphones
from the plane. I use our Lightspeed headphones and a portable
intercom plugged into the scanner to make things bearable.

Thanks, Ron, yeah I knew that from being at some Indy Car races as
well. Did the same thing, it was nice too because we could talk to
each other over the intercom as well as listen to the scanner. As
opposed to everybody else who just had headphones. Although the squelch
had to be set just right.

I had planned to call the FBO closer to race date, but I was more
looking for a "are you nuts?" or "not a problem, done it hundreds of
times" from a pilot that had done it before.

I figure with the Nascar Air Force getting out is going to be a
problem. Since once the race is over anybody that didn't win is
heading for wherever they go.

Brian