Old September 24th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default Group Activity

Rich,

Thank you for the update.

Several years ago during a VAH-10 reunion we tried to get the ball rolling
for placing an A-3 on a stick. After that I got a bit out of touch with the
progress. However, I sure hope that it is either a the bomber, or tanker
version and NOT one of the *******ized EW contraptions covered with all
kinds of antenna bubbles. (The EW things were based at Alameda, not
Whidbey.)

The PBY at the Seaplane Base will also be cool. In my early tours at
Whidbey there were P5Ms at the seaplane base. If they had one of those on
display, people would be surprised as to their size. (I was an navigation
observer during a couple P5M squadron ORIs. It seemed like it took for ever
for them to get airborne!)

The designer of the glider that I fly was quite famous in the PBY community.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Sc...Biography.html

Wayne
Schreder HP-14 N990
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message ...

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

Back when I was MUCH younger I flew A3-B Skywarriors.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Naval_Pictu..._12-Aug-64.jpg)

snip
Wayne
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

Wayne,

You may be interested, Whidbey Island Naval Air Station recently obtained an
A-3 and they're going to put it on a stick outside the main base with the
two A-6s.

Also the Seaplane Base has acquired a PBY and has it on display next to a
PBY museum. It's worth seeing just to see the technology that was the state
of the art in the 30's.

Rich Isakson