Old May 8th 19, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing

Spring has sort-of almost arrived here, and I finally got to try Gliderlink in the air. Only briefly, since the other glider with the device didn't stay up very long. But I got solid reports of his whereabouts from more than 10 miles away, even after he landed.

The new version of the app, which uses GPS time to synchronize the units (rather than the Android system clock), makes it easy to turn on the spare old phones that I have dedicated for this purpose and get the app working in short order. Thanks Ben.

Looking forward to some actual buddy flying with it. Anybody else using it?