Old March 14th 05, 08:31 PM
OtisWinslow

No purchase contract? No escrow agent?

Somebody ain't too smart.

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey, I'll tell you a story. Actually happened. Jack was running an FBO.
He maintained a Cessna 337 for a doctor. Doctor wants to sell and asks
Jack to sell it, Jack gets a comission. So a guy comes down from 800
miles away and checks the plane out, says yes I'll take it. Gives Jack
a $10K deposit with $120K to be paid upon delivery. Buyer flies home.
So Jack gets one of his instructors to deliver the plane, with
instructions to pick up the check and fly commercial back. So this
instructor flies the 337 to the buyers home field. Buyer gives him an
envelope with one of those glasseen windows in it with a Cashiers check
in it. Instructor flies back with the check. Jack takes the check out.
You know how when they issue a Cashiers check they give you a carbon
copy? Well, it's the carbon copy, not the check! So Jack figures honest
mistake and calls the buyer and says "we've got to talk about how you
are going to get us the check for the airplane". Buyer says, "No, what
we're going to talk about is how much I'm going to pay you for the
airplane".

There is an ending to this story.