Old May 15th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra Top Hinge Bolt Failure - Revisit

Hey Guys, I am noticing signs the top of my fiberglass Cobra is moving forward. I am going to replace the bolts as recommended by many, and may do the backing plate solution as well. The deformation of the fiberglass is worrisome. Can the clamping of the hinge plate and removal of bolts be done with the glider in the trailer? or is it recommended to empty the trailer first?.. for those who have done it.

BTW, I also see what JJ identified and that's the 4 rivets on one side are popped and gone. I wonder if I can realign the frame and get either rivets or small fasteners back in there?
TIA,
Darren