Old June 13th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default "Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"

On Jun 12, 4:02*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
"Pentagon Wants Kill Switch for Planes"
By Noah Shachtman

"The Pentagon's non-lethal weapons division is looking for technologies
that could "disable" aircraft, before they can take off from a runway -- or
block the planes from flying over a given city of stretch of land.
[...]
it would like arms-makers to come up with a way to "safely divert an
aircraft in the air or stop and/or disable an aircraft on the ground." And
no, shooting the thing with a missile doesn't count."

Jesus Christ. Its not bad enough that we have F-16's chasing us around
for fun. Now they're going to shutdown our engines as we fly the
family to grandma's house. Is it time for a revolution yet?

-Robert