Old May 2nd 04, 07:30 PM
John R Weiss

I graduated in '74, and haven't been back to the 'tute since '89 or so...

Actually, Troy was VERY picturesque -- from a distance!
Up-close-and-personal, though, it left a lot to be desired... OTOH, it's
only a short drive to MANY great spots in the Northeast!

Oh, and for a bit more on-topic-ness, I got my Private ticket at Rensselaer
County AirPark back in '72...

John Weiss
BS NucE '74

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote...
I went to RPI for undergrad. Excellent engineering curriculum. As an
undergrad, I had the opportunity to work on research normally reserved for
grad students, including some NASA grant work.

I haven't been back to campus in a while, but you may want to visit. The
only real downside was the Troy, not the most picturesque village in the
Northeast...

"John R Weiss" wrote...
Look at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. RPI is the oldest
engineering school in the US, and has a very good Aero program.