Old March 9th 04, 04:58 AM
Kevin Brooks

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
s.com...
"Bill Shatzer" wrote in message

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Brian wrote:

"Bill Shatzer" wrote in message

-snips-

But still, the dubya flying F-102s was No Big Deal.

And attempts to turn him into some superman for so doing just
miss the mark completely.

No one is saying he's a superman, just that he had to have some sort

of
smarts to make it through and train on an aircraft that was anything

but
easy to fly.

For extremely small values of "some sort of smarts".

The amount of smarts required to pull down a "C+" average in
college seems to have been entirely sufficient.

It's really too bad that being president requires a few more
smarts than flying an F-102. Or getting a "C+" college GPA.

The mathematics knowledge needed to be a pilot is considerable. As is the
individual decisiveness and confidence. This is true in any type of
aircraft, but particularly in a Mach 1+ capable fighter jet. Especially as
there have been words put out that the F-102 was dangerous to fly near the
end of its service.

Hardly the type of individual I would call a doofus.

Why don't you just refer this clown to WaltBJ's earlier post from today
detailing the F-102 flight requirements (including a rather neat
obliteration of the poster's claim that SAGE did it all for the pilot of the
Deuce)? Heck, Walt actually *flew* them (among other aircraft). I'd do it
myself but I killfiled the poster after reading his previous drivel.

Brooks