Old September 9th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
EventHorizon

Default Declared first emergency last week

A call from our mechanic today said that the break was near where the cable
exits the firewall into the engine compartment. The cable is apparently
sheathed the entire distance, so it was not easy to see. He said that it
looked as if a few strands had broken and had "bent back" and therefore
created more friction and binding. We never noticed it in actual use until
the break occurred.

Event Horizon

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"brian whatcott" wrote

There's one element that is very troubling: the cable break in the
middle. I am supposing that the bowden has triple internal helical
wires as low friction standoffs - and that repeated motion against a
wire cut the cable.

That shouldn't happen....

Unless the run is perfectly straight, any bend will flex the internal
cable
each time it moves. Metal fatigue still happens, given enough time.